My CV (pdf)
Beethoven: Piano Concerto 5 (Emperor), II,
Adagio un poco mosso
Winnipeg, MB [GMT -5hrs] email@example.com c 204 510 3446
e d u c a t i o n
- Family Medicine Residency, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada; 2011-2013
- Mandarin, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada; Fall 2010
- M.D., Medicine, Saint James School of Medicine, Bonaire, Netherlands-Antilles / Chicago, IL, USA; 2006 - 2010
- B.A., Gerontology, Psychology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada; 2000 - 2002
- B.Sc., Kinesiology, York University, Toronto, ON, Canada; 1996 - 2000
e x p e r i e n c e
Department of Family Medicine
Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
April - May, 2011
UBC MD Undergraduate Program, Faculty of Medicine, UBC, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Facilitate student understanding of basic science content and case learning objectives during Problem Based Learning
2010 - 2011
- MCCEE, LMCC1, LMCC2 test question author, editor, developer
2010 - 2011
Martial Arts Program Coordinator / Instructor
Steve Nash Fitness World, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Group Fitness Mixed Martial Arts Program Coordinator / Instructor
2003 - 2010
President & Founder
GER Solutions R&D, HQ: Thornhill, ON, Canada
- Offer free consultations and services for elderly people who required home-based health care, housing assistance and aid
- Research and develop treatment methods, diagnostics, home-based care techniques, assistive-living environments and
participate in international research initiatives.
2002 - 2005
Vice President of Quality Assurance & Research and Development
World Aviation Corp., Concord, ON, Canada
- Restructured and directed the company’s Quality Management System (leading to a 12% increase in profitability).
- Published various company operations and procedures manuals (approved by Transport Canada, the Federal Aviation
Administration & the European Aviation Safety Agency).
- Directed Scientific Research & Experimental Development claims (approved by Federal Government resulting in a research
grant of over $750 000).
p o s t – g r a d t r a i n i n g
- IMG Orientation Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba; June 6 - Jun 24, 2011
- Internal Medicine, West Broadway Medical Clinic, Vancouver, BC; Supervisor: Dr. T. Fera; Oct 21 – Dec 31, 2010
- Rural Family Medicine, Port Alice Health Centre, Port Alice; Supervisor: Dr. D. Hubler; Sep 22 – 24, 2010
- Family Medicine, Morgan Creek Family Practice, Surrey, BC; Supervisor: Dr. S. Larigakis; Sep 7 – Oct 1, 2010
- Problem Based Learning Tutor Training Workshop, Vancouver, BC; UBC, Faculty of Medicine; Aug 24 – 26, 2010
c e r t i f i c a t i o n s
- Postgraduate Education Certificate, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. July -Aug 2013.
- Postgraduate Education Certificate, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. December 2012 - Feb 2013.
- N.R.P. Neonatal Resuscitation Program, University of Manitoba. August 2011.
- Postgraduate Education Certificate, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba. July 2011.
- A.C.L.S. Provider certification, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Manitoba. June 2011.
- B.L.S., A.E.D., (Level C) certification, Heart & Stroke Foundation of Manitoba. June 2011.
- A.C.L.S. Provider certification, Global Medical Services. December 2010.
- Clinical Trainee License, College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. September 2010.
- Skin Biopsy & Suturing Techniques, American Academy of Family Physicians. June 2010.
- Minimal Epidermoid (Sebaceous) Cyst Removal, American Academy of Family Physicians. June 2010.
- Botulinum Toxin Injections, American Academy of Family Physicians. June 2010.
- P.R.M., Department of Transport Canada, Aviation Regulations C.A.R. 573.03 Designation: Person Responsible for
- Standard First Aid & CPR C, from the Life Saving Society of Canada. 2004.
- C.Q.A., Certified Quality Auditor, from the American Society for Quality (ASQ). 2003.
- Department of Transport Canada Certified Instructor in Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance. 2002.
- c.V.A.T., Certified Vibration Analysis Technician, from Dynamics Research Corp. 2002.
- Standard First Aid & CPR, from St. John’s Ambulance. 2001.
- c.Q.C.I., Certified Quality Control Inspector, from World Aviation Corp. 2000.
- ITF/GTF Tae Kwon Do Black Belt Instructor Certification, from International Tae Kwon Do Federation. 1996.
s p e a k i n g e n g a g e m e n t s
- 55th Annual Scientific Assembly, "Natural Health Products, Health Literacy & the Role of the Primary Care Physician".
(Presenter/ Workshop). Victoria Inn & Convention Center, Winnipeg, MB, April 19th 2013.
- Resident Chart Audit, "Chronic Kidney Injury: Tracking and Managing Progress". (Presenter). Family Medical Center,
Winnipeg, MB, March 28th 2013.
- Family Medicine Resident Research Day, "The Canadian Natural Health Products Regulations: Lessons in Health Literacy &
Logistics" (Presenter). Health Science Center, Winnipeg, MB, June 15th 2012.
- Guideline Review, "Medical Guidelines for Airline Travel". (Presenter). Family Medical Center, Winnipeg, MB, December 3rd,
- Grand Rounds, "Fever in the Unwell Returned Traveler ". (Presenter). St. Boniface Hospital, Winnipeg, MB, October 18th, 2011.
- Academic Half Day, "Grey New World: The aging of our world’s population". (Presenter). Health Science Center, Winnipeg, MB,
August 12th, 2011.
- Guideline Review, "Alcohol Screening". (Presenter). Family Medical Center, Winnipeg, MB, August 15th, 2011.
r e s e a r c h
July 2012 - Current
Project Title: Emotional Intelligence – Is there a role for E.I. screening & intervention referral during periodic well-child visits?
Supervisor: Dr. Alan Katz, University of Manitoba & the Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Literature review
- Study proposal
November - December 2010
Project Title: Effectiveness of a group diabetic education programme using motivational interviewing in underserved communities in
South Africa – Pragmatic cluster randomized control trial.
Supervisor: Professor Robert James Mash, Stellenbosch University, Capetown, South Africa
- Data collection, monitoring of project implementation, analytics.
- Visit: IDF - Bridges
June 2002 - December 2005
Scientific Research and Experimental Development claim: Coil Manufacturing Devices WAC010/11
Supervisor: David Zeharia, CEO, World Aviation Corp, Concord, ON, Canada
- Involved in the research, design, testing and engineering of electromechanical / hydraulic machines built to improve the
accuracy, safety and efficiency of a manufacturing process for Boeing 747 & Airbus 310 aircraft generator subcomponents.
o t h e r a c t i v i t i e s
Nov 2012 Interview Panel participant, Admissions, IMG Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Canada.
Sep 2012 Supplemental CEE Examiner, Undergraduate Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba.
May 2012 SImulated Office Oral (SOO) Exam Certification Practice Candidate, The College of Family Physicians of Canada.
2011-2012 Family Medical Interest Group Mentorship Program, University of Manitoba, Canada.
2011-2012 IMG Mentorship & Naturalization, University of Manitoba, Canada.
Oct 2011 Interview Panel participant, Admissions, IMG Program, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Canada.
2010-2011 Designing/publishing Microbiology (virology, bacteriology) posters for USMLE Step 1 (student study aids)
2008-2010 Liaison and mentor to new clerkship students; Developed student ECG tutorials, Chicago, IL USA
2006-2007 Administered hypertension and diabetes clinics for local residents, Bonaire, NA
2006-2007 Offered basic science tutorial sessions to medical students, Bonaire, NA
2003-2005 Self-Defence Instructor at Extreme Fitness, Thornhill, ON, Canada
2001-2002 Volunteer at St. Peter’s Long Term Care Hospital (RT), Hamilton, ON, Canada
2000-2001 Volunteer at Shalom Village Long Term & Respite Care (RT/PT/CogUNIT), Hamilton, ON
2000-2001 Volunteer at Maimonides Geriatric Center (PT/RT/DH/CogUNIT), Montreal, QC, Canada
1999-2000 Women’s Self-Defence Instructor at York University, Toronto, ON, Canada
p u b l i c a t i o n s
- Klein, D., Zeharia, D. Production Control System Manual. A.C.S.I. Internal Publication: Concord, ON July 2004.
- Klein, D. Quality Management System Manual (QS9000). Ozon Stamping Internal Publication: Toronto, ON March 2004.
- Gallina, H., Klein, D. FAA Repair Station Quality Control Manual. W.A.R. Internal Publication: Los Angeles, California January
- Klein, D. Dynamic balancing of rigid body rotors using the DSP-100 balancing apparatus. W.A.C. Internal Publication:
Concord, ON August 2002.
m e m b e r s h i p s
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Manitoba
- Doctors Manitoba
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Professional Association of Residents and Interns of Manitoba
- American Academy of Family Physicians
i n t e r e s t s
- Emotional Intelligence and Self-Regulation
- Public health, education and prevention
- Martial arts & fitness
- Music (Guitar, piano, percussion)
- Cooking (Culinary science/molecular gastronomy)